Friday, January 22, 2010

News

The SDA has issued a new requirement to all adopting families. No exceptions. An Interpol clearance is needed to continue. This clearance is rumored to accompany a 40 day waiting period. We found out a few hours ago.

Bad luck? Maybe.

What this means is that our court date has been cancelled until our paper has cleared. We have made it through the initial shock and are trying to piece together our next steps. Foremost is considering how Ruslan will feel about the delay.

Most likely we will be traveling back to San Diego very soon and regrouping. We feel like our family is being torn apart. We will post more when we know more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MET CINDY AT JFK WHILE SHE WAS WAITING FOR RUSLAN TO ARRIVE FOR THE FRONTIER HORIZON HOSTING PROGRAM. MY WIFE AND I HAVE 4 SONS,TWO OF WHICH WERE ADOPTED FROM UKRAINE IN MAY 09. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG AND WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE THAT YOU HAVE DECIDED TO ADOPT RUSLAN. HOW LUCKY YOU ALL ARE. I AM ALWAYS SO IMPRESSED BY YOUR REACTIONS TO SO MANY UPS AND DOWNS. MY FAMILY AND I CAN TRULY RELATE. I HAVE NEVER LEFT A COMMENT FOR ANY BLOG BEFORE BUT WHEN I SAW THAT YOU FEEL AS IF YOUR FAMILY IS BEING PULLED APART, I COULD NOT HOLD BACK FROM TELLING YOU THAT SOON EVERYTHING WILL BE JUST AS IT SHOULD BE. THE 4 OF YOU WILL BE TOGETHER IN TIME AND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES. I KNOW IT MAY SOUND STRANGE BUT WHEN WE LOOK BACK TO ALL THE MAY UPS AND DOWNS DURING THE ADOPTION PROCESS, WE NOW REALIZE IT WAS ALL NECESSARY, AS PART OF OUR BONDING AS A FAMILY TOGETHER. WHATEVER IT TAKES,RUSLAN IS YOUR SON/BROTHER AND SOON WILL BE FOREVER. OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU.

The Issels said...

Thank you so much for that comment. I remember you from the Summer and was thinking about you while we were going through all of this. How tough it must have been to do this with two boys at the same time! I have to remember the bonding times we have had together. He really trusts us and believes that we love him now. Thanks again for reminding us of that!