Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday

I for one woke with that knot in my stomach again. I managed to get internet poker to work so I have at least some entertainment. I don't feel as bad wasting my time here doing nothing.

Cindy and Voss did some school work.

It was 10 am and no word from Vitali. We actually heard yesterday that an option was for Andrei to write the consent and fax it here. The local authorities are feeling for us and laxing the requirements to see if it wont help. ...but of course we need to find what motivates Andrei. Vitali said he would call with any news. No news to this point was bad news.

We decided to go for a walk and left by 11. We walked a few miles to a greek cafe called Foros for a cappucino and something to do. Great cappucinos. Cindy has been super positive about everything and she has helped to keep my spirits up. It helped because I got my mind off of things.

We were just leaving the cafe and alas, a phone call from Vitali.

"Where are you?"
"at Foros Cafe"
"don't move and I will be there in 5 minutes"
click

What? He didn't have the end of the world sound in his voice.

5 minutes later he rounded the corner and had a smile on his face. I have never seen him smile.

The brother was in town, not 3 hours away like he said, and he came in and signed the consent.

We are back in business!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Thank you for posting. Sitting here in the relative comfort of my office, wiping the tears away from my eyes, I cannot imagine the emotions you all have been going through. Hang in... this is an incredible journey.

Anonymous said...

OMG this is such good news, especially after we spoke and you sounded sad, but positive. This is the breakthru you needed, so keep your spirits up and the rest will follow. We believe in you and know in our hearts that you will soon have your new son, Ruslan, in our family (where he belongs!!!). Love, hugs and kisses, Mom and Dad

jzwartendijk said...

We are sending positive energies from Encinitas....can't imagine the rollercoaster ride you have been on. We are thinking of you constantly and looking forward to seeing Ruslan in the next month. We miss you guys and will be happy to have back up around the corner. Hugs and kisses to Voss.
XOXO
Jenn, David & Noah

brianna said...

Oh you guys, this is such a great breakthrough. I can't imagine how hard these days have been for you all. I will continue sending positive thoughts and prayers to your family.

Marley is here and wants to write a note too. I'm typing for her.

"Dear Voss, I hope you're having a great time. What are you doing? I hope you had a great sled ride. Love, Marley"